These cupcakes are sure to please Oreo lovers! This scrumptious dessert is ideal for any party and is sure to be a hit.
Children, as well as adults, really adore these cupcakes. Your family will be grateful to you forever if you make them for birthdays, holidays, or celebrations.
They are fluffy cupcakes with an Oreo surprise at the bottom and topped with cookies and cream frosting.
Everything You Will Need
- Oreo cookies
- Milk chocolate chips
- Self-raising flour
- Baking powder
- Unsalted butter
- Caster sugar
- Whole milk
- Vanilla extract
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Muffin pan
- Cupcake liners
- Electric mixer
- Small bowl
- Stirring spoon
- Cooling rack
- Piping bag
- Hand mixer
How To Make Cookie Surprise Cupcakes
- 12 whole Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line the muffin pan with cupcake liners and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cream the butter on medium speed in an electric mixer until it is very light and creamy. Add the sugar gradually and continue mixing for about 5 minutes before adding the vanilla.
- Mix the flour and baking powder in a small bowl.
- Without stopping the mixer, begin adding the eggs one at a time to the butter mixture. Then gradually stir in the milk and flour combination into the batter. After a brief period of mixing, stop the mixer.
- Put in the chocolate chips and stir by hand.
- Place an Oreo cookie on each liner.
- The batter for 12 cupcakes should then be uniformly divided among the liners and baked for around 20 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in the middle to check if they are finished; if it comes out clean, they are.
- Before putting the cupcakes on a cooling rack, stand for a few minutes. Allow them to cool completely.
How To Make Cream Frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 8 Oreo cookies, crushed fine
- With a hand mixer, beat the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until frothy, about 3 minutes.
- After adding the milk in batches, add the powdered sugar.
- Add the crushed cookies into the frosting and mix again just until well combined.
- Frost the top of each cupcake.
- You will be unable to use an icing bag if you prefer your frosting chunky, but you can use a spoon in its place.
- After that, top it with an Oreo and you’re all done!
- Servings – 18
- Prep time – 30 minutes
- Cook time – 20 minutes
- Rest time – 40 minutes
- Total time – 1 hour 30 minutes
Top Tips For Making Perfect Cupcakes
- Be sure not to over or undermix your ingredients. Overmixing can lead to the gluten in the recipe over-developing and making the cupcakes dense and heavy, while undermixing means the ingredients won’t combine properly.
- High-quality cupcake liners make a difference! Cheap ones might stick to the cupcake and won’t protect it from excess grease. Use good quality liners to avoid these issues.
- Make sure your cupcakes are cooled completely before adding your icing. This will stop the frosting from melting, keeping your cupcakes looking picture-perfect!
- Invest in an oven thermometer. Oven temperatures aren’t always accurate so making sure it’s set at a toasty 350F will ensure that your cupcakes are cooked perfectly.
- Make sure your ingredients are at room temperature as the recipe states. There is a science behind this, so if you want your cupcakes to be perfect, then make sure you follow this step.
More Cupcake Surprise Recipes
These surprise-inside pinata cupcakes are light and springy and are topped with delectable vanilla frosting. They are made with wonderful vanilla cake batter that is incredibly delicious.
This recipe demonstrates how to use your favorite colors to add a gorgeous swirl to the frosting using the sprinkle filling, which is easily color-customizable to fit any event!
In less than an hour, you can whip up 15 of these simple, tasteful white cupcakes and top them with delicious whipped buttercream icing.
They’re gorgeous yet plain, which makes the moment when someone bites into one and tastes the gooey strawberry filling all the more thrilling!
These stunning cupcakes look like they were just picked up from a chic New York bakery case, but they can actually be made in your home kitchen in about an hour.
From the Nutella filling to the smooth, creamy Nutella icing on top, they are wonderful and packed with chocolate and Nutella delight.
Add some crunchy Ferrero Rocher candies on top for an extra special, twice-nutty treat.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s The Best Way To Fill A Cupcake Liner?
Ice cream scoops are the secret to making cupcakes that are flawlessly shaped every time.
We use a 3 tablespoon scoop to distribute the mixture evenly among the cupcake liners, filling each one about two-thirds full.
The cupcakes won’t rise past the edge of the cupcake liner if there is insufficient batter (liners are only half full).
If the cupcake liners are overfilled (by more than 3/4), the cupcakes will spill over onto the pan and look more like muffins.
If you don’t have an ice cream scoop, you can fill each cupcake liner with 3 teaspoons of batter as a general rule.
How Do I Make Sure My Cupcakes Are Cooked Perfectly?
Preheating the oven to 350 degrees is crucial, so don’t forget to do that.
In the center of the oven, place the cupcake pan. Do not place pans on two oven racks; instead, bake batches separately if they cannot fit on the center rack together.
During the baking of the cupcakes, avoid opening the oven.
The baking time for cupcakes should be around 20 minutes if your oven is heating properly. When the tops of the cupcakes are no longer shiny, they are getting near.
Open the oven after 20 minutes and test the doneness with a wooden toothpick (it should come out clean) or by pressing down on the cupcake’s top (the cupcake will bounce back up, no indentation).
How Should I Store My Finished Cupcakes?
If you bake cupcakes the day before eating them, you should keep them in the refrigerator. We believe that prolongs their freshness.
We advise storing them in an airtight cupcake container in the refrigerator once they have been frosted.
However, you should remove them from the refrigerator a few hours before serving them because cupcakes that are served at room temperature have a much greater flavor than those that are served chilled.
There you have it! A fantastic recipe for delicious cookie surprise cupcakes and cream frosting.
With this recipe, you’ll be able to make this delicious bake, and with our top tips, your cupcakes will come out perfect every time.
- Clothes Pin Letters Recognition Activity For Kids (DIY) - October 3, 2022
- Wood & Hemp Crocheted Trivet (Beautiful Home DIY) - October 3, 2022
- Conversation Heart, Yarn Wrapped Wreath (DIY Arts And Crafts) - October 3, 2022